New to Webinar (on-line) training? Please read on:
a) Joining the webinar
- Open the email received from JCWI
- Click on the link (highlighted in yellow) and enter your name. This will take you to the webinar
- If this is your first webinar, it will download and install the necessary software onto your computer or device first. If this is the case, you may need to go back to the e-mail and click the link again to join the meeting.
- You will see the trainer on your screen ( you need a webcam + head phone) and will be able to ask questions by typing your questions from your computer’s keyboard
Below is an example of the email reminder you will receive, the day before the training, to join the webinar.
This is a reminder that " xxxx " will begin in 1 day on:
Date: xxx and Time: xxx
- Click the link to join the webinar at the specified time and date:
Please join my meeting from your computer, tablet or smartphone.
https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/233834453 ( example)
Note: This link should not be shared with others; it is unique to you
2. Choose one of the following audio options:
TO USE YOUR COMPUTER'S AUDIO:
When the webinar begins, you will be connected to audio using your computer's microphone and speakers (VoIP). A headset is recommended.
TO USE YOUR TELEPHONE:
If you prefer to use your phone, you must select "Use Telephone" after joining the webinar and call in using the numbers below.
You can also dial in using your phone.
United Kingdom: +44 330 221 0088
Access Code: 233-834-453
Audio PIN: Shown after joining the webinar
Meeting ID: 233-834-453
We will be using ‘GoToMeeting’ to host the training.
Please note that you will be responsible for the equipment you use to participate in the training. Although we will do our best to help you, JCWI cannot accept responsibility for problems with your equipment.
For the training, we recommend that you have:
- A quiet room
- A broadband connection
- A PC or laptop
- A reasonably sized screen
- A keyboard and a mouse
- Speakers, headphone or a headset
- Access to a telephone
A webcam is also desirable, but not essential as webcam sharing is limited to 6 people.
While it may be possible to attend the training with an iPad, tablet or mobile phone, we do not recommend this as a functionality may be reduced and this may limit your participation.
If you have not used ‘GoToMeeting’ before, or have any questions, please contact us by email on email@example.com to arrange for a time and date to test your equipment. Please state “Webinar test request” in the subject box of your email and make sure that you include your contact details.