18/10/2018 5:00pm to 18/10/2018 7:30pm
The course will look at the relationship between Article 8 and the Immigration Rules since 9 July 2012 and future developments. We will also look at the recent successful case of PD (Sri Lanka) and how it has clarified the seven-year rule for children; the effect of MM in the Supreme Court on the income threshold and on Home Office policy; and the effect of Kiarie and Byndloss on appeals in Article 8 cases.
· PD (Sri Lanka) and the seven year rule for children
-Establishment of a private and family life
-Engagement of Article 8 ECHR
-The concept of interference with Article 8 rights being in accordance with the law
-The concept of interference with Article 8 rights being necessary in a democratic society
· SF and Others and the approach to be taken by the Tribunal to Home Office policies
· MM, proportionality of the income threshold, and the Home Office policy on children
· Kiarie and Byndloss and in-country rights of appeal in Article 8 cases
· Policy developments following MM
· The new Immigration Bill
Objectives -at the end of the course delegates will have an up to date knowledge of recent case law and its implications and will be in a better position to assist their clients.