16/01/2018 10:00am to 17/01/2018 5:00pm
THIS COURSE IS FULLY BOOKED AND WE WILL NOT ACCEPT ANY MORE BOOKINGS AS OF TODAY 3/1/18.
This course will be of particular use to those sitting the OISC Accreditation Assessment at Level 1. The course will provide a systematic overview of the entire UK Immigration Law and will cover the OISC syllabus at Level One. It is designed for delegates who are new to the immigration field, or require an update as to changes in the Law in this ever-changing Legal Landscape. The course is presented in a way that assists delegates to understand the material in a logical and contextual way without feeling overwhelmed. While the course will be taught mainly by lecture there will be opportunity for suitable questions and input and delegates will be taken through sample test papers and will have an opportunity to answer part of a past paper under exam conditions. On completion of the course delegates will have gained a comprehensive knowledge of the immigration law in line with the OISC Code of Standards and Guidance of Competence at Level 1 and a good understanding of the OISC level 1 assessment requirements.
• an introduction to the structure of UK immigration control – who is subject to control; entry clearance and in-country application procedures
• sources of immigration law – the legislation; immigration rules; concessions and policies; and European law
• the main categories of entry and stay under the immigration rules
• family applications for settlement
• the Points based System for working & studying in the UK
• Asylum (as permitted at level 1)
• Administrative Review
• nationality - through naturalisation and registration
• introduction to enforcement: criminal offences, removal and deportation, detention
• EEA rights of movement and residence and current Brexit issues
For the OISC Guidance on Competence at Level 1 please click HERE .
NB: Attending this course will not in itself lead to accreditation or the OISC granting exemption or registration which is dependent on passing OISC audits and procedures.
£320£285+vat (JCWI Members); £420£385 +vat (Non-members)